MetVal Valuation Roll Management System
MetVal is a valuation roll management system that has set the benchmark for legislatively compliant programs. MetVal is capable of managing the entire valuation and rating process from data collection to successful billing and online viewing. MetVal’s functionality enables compliancy with the Local Government: Municipal Property Rates Act (MPRA) and meets the governance and IT requirements of the Auditor-General.
The system provides the database for all the relevant property information for each and every property within the municipal jurisdiction. Appointed municipal valuers may capture property data through a tablet or web-enabled application directly to the MetVal system.
MetVal integrates the consolidated/billing valuation roll with the billing system on a roll-by-roll basis. It achieves this integration through an Automated programmatic Interface (API) developed with the respective financial systems. MetVal has a sophisticated audit trail that disallows ad-hoc or irregular changes by either the municipality or the valuer.
The MetVal system is able to report on property data attributes. This quality assurance functionality enables municipalities to establish whether all property attribute data (data capture form, building sketch, photographs) have been accurately captured against relevant property record. Further MetVal flags roll by roll changes across value, property category and extent fields.
Key benefits of MetVal:
- Offers Computerised Assisted Mass Appraisal(CAMA) valuation and regression functionality
- Integrates with Geospatial Information Service (GIS) technology
- Supports and monitors the General Valuation preparation process
- Tracks and manages the objection review process
- Tracks and manages the appeal process and the implementation of Valuation Appeal Board decisions
- Generates municipal valuation certificates
- Includes a comprehensive audit trail of all entries with tiered security levels for users.
- Supports differential rates tariffs and offers tariff modelling support for budget preparation
- Integrates seamlessly with the various financial systems used by municipalities as per the National Treasury mSCOA regulations.