MISA 2-day Online Course: 4-5 Aug 2022, Understanding the role of the property valuer in local government, focusing on the valuer’s function for compliance with the Municipal Property Rates Act
The Municipal Infrastructure Support Agent (MISA) in partnership with SAICE Professional Development & Projects (SAICE-PDP) invites you to attend this 2-day course that covers the role of the property valuer in local government. The course will focus on the relevant legislative frameworks that address property within the public sector. The responsibilities of the property valuer towards the preparation and updating of accurate valuation rolls will be highlighted.
As the course is sponsored by MISA, course attendance is limited to municipal officials. When booking you will need to download the authorisation form to get approval from your municipality to attend the course. You are welcome to share this invitation with colleagues in the same field as well as neighbouring municipal officials, who may be interested.
Attend this course and learn about:
- What a property valuer does and how important this function is within local government
- About the various legislative frameworks that address property including Local Government: Municipal Property Rates Act, 6 of 2004
- How property data should be administered in smart local government
- How important the property register is for municipal rating as well as providing business intelligence for municipal revenue reporting.
Who should attend:
- Valuations practitioners and other Built Environment practitioners involved in municipal valuation or rating
- Finance and rating officials
- Town planning, building inspectorate and other property related business units
- Officials tasked with managing outsourced projects to prepare and maintain valuation rolls.
Presenter: Janet Channing (BA MPhil NDPV) Registration 5228
Date: 4-5 August 2022
Registration link: https://bit.ly/MisAValLg
You will need to have internet access and sufficient data for the duration of the course. If you have not used Zoom in the past, please install it beforehand. The course will start at 09h00, but we suggest that you login in from 08h30 to be admitted to the session, to test your connection, and to chat to others who will be joining the class.